The Climb: Sustainable Rural Transportation
The Climb primarily operates a regularly scheduled bus service in western Boulder County working with more than 500 households. We provide regularly scheduled service to Boulder County along the Four Mile Canyon and Gold Hill communities.
Our mission is to provide sustainable subsidized transportation services and education in the mountain communities to lower the cost and environmental impact of commuting in areas not currently served public transportation.
Founded in the spring of 2009, The CLimb is now a member of the Via Mobility Services family.
What are the program’s goals?
Our scheduled routes and educational projects contribute to one or more of three program goals:
- Equitable Public Transportation: Empower rural people and communities to address their transportation needs through collaboration and shared transportation resources to expand economic opportunity, access services, and protect the environment.
- Transportation Education: Use the visibility of a transportation network and website to educate communities about sustainable transportation options and issues.
- Environmental Protection: Protect the global climate system from further harm due to emissions of greenhouse gases and pollution by helping rural communities lower their environmental impact from transportation.
What are the Climb’s values?
Everything the Climb does is built on four key elements:
- Reliability: we organize all our transportation projects to foster trust in our faithful effort to provide safe, timely, and rock steady service.
- Thoughtfulness: we identify transportation problems, drivers, community needs, and environmental consequences to arrive at productive, practical transportation solutions.
- Partnerships: we work with transportation thought leaders, governments, businesses, other transportation providers and non profits to create a strong and lasting foundation for sustainable transportation.
- Communication: we foster community transportation demand input and learning by actively developing personal relationships within the community, in person and through a local website.
What is The Climb’s relationship to Via Mobility Services?
The Climb came under the umbrella of Via on January 1,2012. However, The Climb maintains its own unique identity reflecting the mountain community it serves. The Climb drivers are Via employees.